Friday, May 25, 2012

Week One, Already Done!


This is my first model next to
the design.
This week has flown right by! Unlike my Globe internship where I figured out pretty much within the first week that I didn't want to be a stage manager, I have been finding that I am increasingly more in love with this job. I got to practice a little welding on Tuesday, which would have gone better if it hadn't been so windy, and I have mainly ben working on building quite intricate small windows which we are making molds of so that we can cast a whole bunch of them, so I got to make my first ever mold! I have had a few run-ins with the sharp ends of my tools, but nothing a little super glue can't hold together : /. I am hoping that my second one comes out even better than the first, I am learning from my mistakes.
This is what the casting looks like,
one of 20 that will be made.

I haven't had any response to my questions that I sent to back to the University of Ohio yet, but I'm hoping that will come soon. I even went ahead and changed my FAFSA so they would have access to that information and hopefully that will give me some help. However, I did meet Emma, the Master Electrician for PCPA for the summer and 9-month intern, she is graduating from the school this year, she is A. awesome and B. a great advertisement for their program. She was telling me some pretty awesome stuff that just makes it more and more appealing. Also, one of the props artisans who hasn't arrived yet is currently attending Ohio University and on the same program I want to be a part of. I look forward to his arrival and the chance to pick his brain.

This is my second window,
still in progress.
I have been biking to and from work which adds up to about 7 miles a day and adjusting to new surroundings, a new bed, making all of my own meals, and working all day on stuff that requires tons of attention and focus, so I am TIRED! But in the best way, I am loving it. The only thing I am lacking is a church, so be praying with me about that and please keep praying for God's direction in regards to grad school.

"I am leaving you with a gift -peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift this world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid."                                                                    John 14:27
   

No comments:

Post a Comment