Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Moving On

So I'm not going to waste my time apologizing for not having written anything in forever, cause at this point we all know that I fail at this. SO ANYHOW... I'm in the last few days of my internship at the Old Globe. I took this internship to see if stage management was a good path for me and I have found that the answer is a resounding "no." I have the utmost respect and appreciation for stage managers, but I am not cut out to be one. I never did learn to whisper, I'm terrible at being quiet, there is a TON of paperwork and nothing very creative. My mantra for this internship became, "Your opinion is irrelevant, your opinion is irrelevant." I can't do that my whole life!
   I don't mean to say that I didn't enjoy this internship, I did. I made a fantastic new friend, my fellow intern Danielle, and without her I think I would have been utterly miserable. There were some other great parts, some wonderful people, and lots to learn, but overall this isn't the path for me. Hence, I have 4 or 5 applications out for different properties internship programs and I will hopefully hear back from some of them soon. If not, I will figure something out but that is what I'm hoping for at the moment. I think that props will be a much better route for me, it has history and crafty skills and so many things I enjoy. So we shall see. At least I have few days of work with Moonlight once I finish here, after that I will have to find something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment