Sunday, September 23, 2012

Living Vicariously

   Recently as I have been going on my many adventures, moving from this place to that, meeting new people, experiencing new things people have been asking me to keep them updated on my life through facebook, skype (aishinjumegan), instagram and this blog (which I update on occasion...) My family says to me, "Take more pictures, I want to feel like I am there!" And this has me thinking about living vicariously through another person.
   In the past, I have watched other people's facebook statuses and such and thought, 'Ugh, you are so lucky to get to (fill in blank with awesome activity here)." But recently, I haven't been felling that way. It's not that my friends aren't doing incredible things, they are -so many of them are jet setting around the world, working at their dream jobs, getting married, having kids, and living life abundantly. So, it's not that my friends are living hum drum lives, it is that I am finally really living mine. I have found that I can live vicariously through them without being sad about my own circumstances because I have finally stepped out. I no longer feel like Rapunzel wondering when my life will begin, I am living it and now when I look at my friends pictures and hear about what they are doing it is not a source of bitterness for me, but a source of joy. I can thank God that I am on my way down the path towards the extraordinary career that I have been created for and rejoice for my friends who are following their dreams.
   In my time of waiting for the next step in life I couldn't see how I could ever get to a place where I wasn't resentful of where I was and how everyone else seemed to be beyond me. Obviously I had no clue what God had in store for me, but there will always be something that is just beyond the horizon, something to be waiting for. So right now I am blogging about this as a reminder to myself for the next time that I am in the darkness before the dawn, just because you don't get what you want right when you want it or think you need it doesn't mean you won't ever get it, it just may be that you aren't ready for it yet and there is a time when you will need it more.


No comments:

Post a Comment