Monday, January 24, 2011

GO! GO! GO!

Oh man. I am tired. But, I am tired for some of the best reasons. I gave myself a to do list at the beginning of the weekend that didn't seem that daunting -apparently I was wrong seeing as it is now 1:00 am on Monday and I am still awake. I'm finally doing it, seizing life by the horns. Today I launched my Etsy boutique like I have been talking about doing for FOREVER and within minutes of posting my first few items someone had already added it to their favorites (it would have been more exciting if they had purchased it but beggars can't be choosers). If you want to check it out here's the link: Prettylilpearl on Etsy. But before that my mom and I, and then my grandpa and I took apart the driver's side front door on my car and fixed the power windows and if you've never done that let me say this: I don't suggest it. It was ridiculous, still not sure what exactly was wrong but this was apparently one of those cases of, "If all else fails, kick it" because sure enough Grampy literally whacked on it with a wrench a couple of times and it started working again. So, I did that. Grocery shopped with Mom, finished up photographing and photo shopping all my product photos, posted them all and did all the stuff you have to do in order to do that, created a new Facebook page for my new business, and then wrote emails to my former professors for letter of recommendation. I am so tired!

But about the letters of recommendation, I hate asking people for letters of recommendation. I find it so embarrassing. It is literally fishing for compliments. I firmly believe Proverbs 27:2 "Let someone else praise you, not your own mouth -a stranger, not your own lips." and to me, by asking for a letter of recommendation I'm just not doing that. I understand the need for them and all that, I just don't like it. I've spent so long working on the part of myself that feels that I should be recognized for every good thing I do that I really don't want to have to ask someone to compliment me, I would much rather let my work speak for itself or a compliment come by a persons own volition. Oh well, it's not really my choice now is it.

Next on the agenda: Internship Applications... and trying to figure how that works with paying the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment