Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revelation of the day

I spent the day with my grandma today and we actually had a really good day. She told me something that helped me come to an interesting realization. I've never really been good at making or keeping friends, I'm just kinda socially awkward and I've been aware of this for a long time. Today, my grandma was talking about this with me and she said to me to the effect of, "Relationships mean a lot to you, but you aren't aggressive about making them. You find people who make genuine connections and invest a lot in them." This was really weird for me to think about but I did spend a lot of time thinking about it. Although it may have gotten me into trouble on occasion but I think it's a blessing. I love the people who care about me dearly, and you can be sure that I always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment